Water Plant 2 Project
Bids have been requested and received from contractors for upgrades to Water Plant #1 located on Mason Drive. The improvements include:
- Replacement water well to restore well delivery capacity to the original well
- Purchase and installation of a backup generator and upgrade of electrical system to accommodate the upgrades and new equipment
Work could begin in late May or early June 2023 depending on the schedule of the selected contractor. The estimated time for the work will be 14 days. This should be completed prior to our highest water consumption months due to landscape irrigation and the hurricane season.
Sandy Point Ditch Work
Bids have been received on removing fill in the southern Sandy Point ditch to improve the drainage of water. The work will involve removing fill between the culverts to restore the depth and then the application of Hydromulch to provide a grass surface after the excavation is complete.
Work could begin in late May or early June 2023 depending on the schedule of the selected contractor. The estimated time for the work will be 7 days.
Lake 5 Repair
Engineering plans have been prepared and approved by the necessary government agencies. The plans include:
- Draining of Lake 5 (Well is currently offline to allow natural drainage of the lake while awaiting bid preparation and contractor selection to reduce GRP fees incurred to maintain lake level.)
- Removal of the concrete edge surrounding the lake.
- Removal of 2 feet of the current lake bottom.
- Replace the lake bottom with 2 feet of clay that meets design requirements for sealing the lake bottom.
- Filling the lake once the work has been completed.
Final bid preparations are being made. The bids could be issued as early as June and the contractor could be selected in July or August. Work would begin upon the selection of the contractor and the contractor’s schedule.
Note: During the natural drainage of the lake all measures will be made to remove the fish in the lake and relocate them to other lakes in the community. The fountain and lights will be removed prior to the water level dropping to a level that could cause damage to the pumps. The fountains will be sent to the shop for any maintenance.